What is Android Application Development?
Android software development is the process by which new applications are created for devices running the Android operating system. Google states that “Android apps can be written using Kotlin, Java, and C++ languages” using the Android software development kit, while using other languages is also possible.
Android is a popular computing platform based on the Linux® operating system. The initial commercial version of Android hit the market in 2008 in the form of a mobile phone platform, back when the most popular cell phone for a business user was the BlackBerry, when the iPhone was beginning to make meaningful waves across all sectors, and when the majority of phone users were still tapping out texts from a flip phone.
What is Android application?
An Android app is a software application running on the Android platform. Because the Android platform is built for mobile devices, a typical Android app is designed for a smartphone or a tablet PC running on the Android OS.
A beginner course on Android Application development
Android accounts for approximately 85% of all devices sold today (2017 Q1). It only makes sense for you to be developing applications for the Android platform.
I will take you through the basics of Android Application development, and introduce some more complex features as well. This includes the following:
- An extensive look at the Java programming language
- Introduction to Android, installing Android Studio.
- Create your first Android Application, learn to debug the application and learn how to create a signed APK that you can submit to the play store.
- Working with implicit and explicit intents
- Detailed example of how to work with Fragments
- Learn some customizations like a custom ListView, Toast, TextView and ActionBar
- Learn how to save data to the phone in the form of SharedPreferences, Files and SQLite
- Learn how to implement Android 6 Permissions
- Read data from a RSS feed and sending SMSes programmatically
- Learn how to save data online and do user management with Backendless (MBAAS)
By completing this course, you will have more than just basic knowledge of Android Application Development.
Join this course now!